Are you offering a Summer School program?
Interested in expanding student options or saving program dollars?
Consider making Illinois Virtual School (IVS) the Summer School Destination for your students!
Join Illinois’ top districts* and provide opportunities for your students to take online courses that:
- meet core subject requirements, allowing room in the student’s fall or spring schedule for electives at school
- offer an opportunity to recover credit from failed courses;
- provide enrichment or expand a student’s personal interest, and
- allow students to balance summer school with camp, travel or work.
IVS has been the expert in Illinois online education since 2001. We have the experience to help you design a budget-friendly program to meet the needs of your students.
The Illinois State Board of Education established IVS as a supplemental online program, allowing students who are enrolled in a public or private school to enhance their education through online courses.
Illinois Virtual School (IVS) is the State Board of Education’s (ISBE) statewide, supplemental online program serving Illinois students (grades 5-12) and educators with a range of quality online courses to enhance and expand learning opportunities.
ISBE’s funding offsets IVS’ total cost of operation. This funding has allowed IVS to provide a discounted tuition price point for schools and parents from public, private, and home-school institutions.
FY 16 funding for IVS has not been allocated from ISBE due to Illinois’ budget crisis. To ensure the program continues its operation for students and educators, the following IVS course fee increase will take effect April 1.
- Full Service online courses taught by IL-certified teachers will increase to $225.00/semester course enrollment.
- Credit Recovery online courses will increase to $85/semester course with 10-weeks of access.